COVID-19 Office Updates, 5/5/2020
Nebraska Eye Institute is now transitioning from urgent and emergent situations to more comprehensive eye care. When it is time for your next appointment, you may notice some changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We are following the latest recommendations on infection control and cleanliness made by the American Optometric Association and the Centers for Disease Control.
- We may take your temperature and ask screening questions upon your arrival at the clinic.
- We will ask that you wear a face mask to the office for your appointment. If you do not have one, please let us know. Dr. Rienks and the NEI staff will be wearing a face mask.
- We have sanitizer that you may be asked to use when you enter the clinic. It is also placed at several locations throughout the office.
- Please call us from your car upon arrival as we are trying to limit the amount of people in our reception area. If at all possible, please come to the appointment alone. Children may be accompanied by an adult.
- Dr. Rienks is requiring that all patients do the Optomap. This reduces patient/technician contact time.
- We ask that you call before picking your glasses or contacts, or if you need adjustments.
We are looking forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep everyone safe and healthy. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to Nebraska Eye Institute.
In Good Health,
Dr. Rienks, Linda, Kylee, Shauna, Josh, Sara, Tara and Madison